How to Apply
For priority consideration, the best time to visit and apply is between October and January of the academic year before desired enrollment. Current families should apply and schedule their student testing in January. Rolling admissions decisions will be made for applications received after February 1. Transfer applications for PK, K, and grade 12 will not be considered after January 1 of the current school term.
Regular church attendance (3 out of 4 worship services a month) is foundational to the biblical mandate to raise children in the “nurture and admonition of the Lord.” Regular church attendance for the student and at least one parent is a requirement for initial and ongoing enrollment at Providence.
We encourage families to apply online as it simplifies submission and provides parents the ability to track the status of their child’s application.
To begin the Online Application process, Create an Account. Upon account creation, you will receive an email containing a verification link. Once your email address has been verified, log in to your account and Create A New Student Application for your child. You will then have the flexibility to log in and out of your account and access your open application.
A non-refundable fee of $100 must be submitted with each application.
After submitting the application, you will be able to track your admissions status at the school by logging in to your account. In addition, you will be able to print the completed application, monitor when the school receives any applicable supplemental forms and, if necessary, reprint the forms.
We appreciate your interest and hope to assist you any way we can. If you have questions, please feel free to contact us at 425-774-6622.
Please note that we are not accepting international applicants at this time.
Providence Classical Christian School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national or ethnic origin in its administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, financial aid grants, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
2. Family Interview (1-1.5 hours)
Once the application paperwork is complete, we’ll arrange a family interview for your family with our headmaster and our secondary principal or grammar principal. Both parents and student applicants attend.
The family interview is a critical step in the process because, when Providence admits a child for enrollment, it is also admitting a family. Children reflect the character of their family. We seek godly families committed to biblical standards, and students who demonstrate a high level of respect and obedience toward their parents and diligence, perseverance in the classroom, and love for their neighbor (schoolmates). We’ll ask questions like: “Why do you want to enroll your children at Providence Classical Christian School?” “What role do parents play in the education of their children?” “How important is the Word of God in your household?” “What church do you attend?” “What is your philosophy of discipline?”
Finally, the interview gives us a chance to share more about Providence and gives you an opportunity to ask any additional questions about the school philosophy, programs, or policies.
3. Student Assessment Testing
During the family interview, all prospective students will complete an assessment test. The test involves age-appropriate math, reading, writing, and grammar exercises, and it’s intended to identify the student’s academic strengths. For example, kindergarten students will be asked to identify letters and numbers, and demonstrate their penmanship, while older students will be asked to read passages from age-appropriate books, write about their favorite character or event in literature, and solve math problems from the grade prior to the one they are applying for.
Students will also be asked questions such as, “Do you want to attend Providence? Why? Why not?” “What kind of books do you like to read (or have read to you)?” “Who is Jesus? Why is He important?” “Are you prepared to work hard to honor your father, mother, and the Lord by your diligence?”
4. Timing and Enrollment Offers
After the family interview and student testing, the admissions committee will notify applicants about acceptance for the current year within 1 week. New families applying for the following year will be notified beginning on February 1st.
- Accepted and Enrollment Offered – In order to secure placement, an enrollment contract and accompanying fees must be submitted within 10 days. Additional material, such as the school calendar, uniform policy, student emergency form, and school supplies lists will be provided after the enrollment contract is submitted.
- Wait Pool: When the number of qualified applicants exceeds class capacity, applicant names are placed in the Wait Pool. If and when openings in a class occur, a qualified applicant will be selected from the Wait Pool and offered enrollment. Wait Pool Applicants of current families are considered with a higher priority.
- If the application is denied, applicants may reapply to meet the admission criteria or appeal the decision in writing to the Providence School Board.
Important Dates for Applying for 2021-2022
- November 1: FACTS is open for 2021-2022 financial aid applications
- November 17: Open House, 7PM
- January 12: Tuition and fees for 2021-2022 are available
- January 15: Student assessments and family interviews begin
- January 23: Open House, 9AM
- February 1: Acceptance notifications for new families begin
- February 5: Financial Aid applications due