Providence Classical Christian School’s Library’s mission is to provide quality information resources, edifying literature, and to encourage students to read for pleasure, read for information, and develop the literacy skills that prepare them to be effective leaders and life-long learners.
The Providence Library is open for business! Our library has books for all reading levels, including some for adults. Reserving your books is easy! Simply follow the steps below to reserve your books online.
To reserve books for pickup:
- Search the catalog.
- You do not need to log in.
- Place the items you want in your Book Bin. (Please limit to 2-3 books per student per week.)
- Head to your Book Bin and click on the email icon.
- In the subject line, put: “Please hold for -Student Name, Student grade”
- Send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday at 5 pm for pickup the following week.
- Available books will be delivered to your student at school on their assigned library day.
Laura Brokaw, Librarian
Tuesday: K (Green) and 5th (Green)
Wednesday: 5th (Blue)
Thursday: K (Blue) and 1st-4th grades.
Books may returned to school during library period or to the returns bin in the foyer, or the returns bin in the library during school hours. (M-F 8am-3:30pm)
1st -6th grade students will be able to browse the library during their library periods. Secondary students may use self-checkout with teacher permission during the school day.
- Reader’s advisory
- Reference assistance
- Classroom resources for unit study
- AV materials such as DVDs, CDs, and audio books
- Online reserves and renewals for checked out materials
Highlander Book Award Winners
Each year, the Grammar school classes engage in a Mock-Caldecott, evaluating dozens of picture books published the previous year, and select four favorites. The following titles were the overall winners from each year chosen by the entire Providence student body and faculty. Click to view!